Occupational therapists work with people of all ages and abilities to assist and enable successful participation in the occupations of everyday life. These include activities of daily living such as taking care of oneself, household and community functioning, education, leisure and play, work and volunteer activities as well as social activities.
Occupational therapists assist people through developing their knowledge and skills, finding new ways of undertaking activities and changing the task or environment to suit their individual needs. Occupational therapists can also conduct assessments for the purpose of recommending assistive technologies and environmental modifications.
Occupational therapy is a holistic and client-centred service that uses assessments to gain understanding into what occupations are important to you, what difficulties you have in doing these and understanding your goals for therapy.
Occupational Therapists At Synaptic Health in Perth can assist you with
- Learning difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Intellectual disability
- Depression and anxiety
- Pain management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Recovery from neurological injury or illness
- Stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury
- Chronic Conditions
At Synaptic Health in Perth, Occupational Therapy may address or include
- Upper limb therapy, hand therapy and fine motor skills
- Cognitive rehabilitation, memory and planning skills.
- Personal care retraining/adaptations for showering, dressing, grooming and medication management
- Meal preparation and domestic tasks
- Seating, positioning and pressure care
- Leisure and recreation
- Education about pacing, task adaptation and energy conservation
- Assessing activity, task modification and scheduling
- Teaching about mindfulness and meditation
- Providing education about management of chronic conditions and pain
- Manual handling
Occupational Therapy For Children in Perth At Synaptic Health
Occupational Therapists offer practical, everyday strategies and identify underpinning fundamental skills to develop that may be affecting performance, so children can participate in daily activities such as school, play, building friendships and self-care.
We offer a holistic approach to supporting children and families, considering all areas impacting performance including sensory needs, motor skills (such as planning and positioning), cognitive skills, the child’s environment (physical environment and the people within it), regulation, confidence and physical skills.
Sessions are tailored to your needs and can also be focussed on up-skilling the caregiver to implement therapy strategies at home, or ongoing support to build skills. By setting and achieving goals in areas such as social, self-care or even school and work, here at Synaptic Health, we help you move forward with your life.