Speech pathologists work with people of all ages to diagnose, manage, and treat communication and swallowing difficulties. At Synaptic Health, we provide holistic & evidence-based services in the areas of:
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulty)
- Voice difficulty
- Parkinson’s disease
- Speech difficulty
- Dyspraxia (difficulty planning the movements of speech)
- Dysarthria (difficulty executing the movement of speech)
- Dysphasia (word finding difficulty)
- Language difficulty
- Stroke rehabilitation
Did you know?
- Did you know that there are over 1.1 million Australians living with a communication disorder? That equates to about 5% of Australia’s ever-growing population.
- Communication disorders may include difficulties with speaking, listening, understanding language, reading, writing, social skills, stuttering and using voice.
- These disorders can have a significant impact on our emotional, physical, social, financial and vocational well-being. The earlier a disorder is diagnosed and treated, the better the person’s chance of improving and recovering will be.